Investment in augmented reality development is one key to our industry’s success. So we thought we’d aggregate, and share a list of our industry’s “success stories”. We’d like this list to not only be about the developers that are getting venture capital funding, but the large corporations that are validating the space by investing their resources/money towards AR as well.
As you can see, the space is starting to heat up.
We’ll try to update this list regularly, so please feel free to add anything I’m missing in the comments.
- Flutter Raises $1.4 Million For Gesture Recognition Tech (Link)
- 13th Lab raises $700,000 to build its ‘UI for reality’ (Link)
- Ditto Picks Up $3 Million From August Capital, Others For Its Virtual, 3D Eyeglasses Sales Site (Link)
- How To Attract Justin Timberlake: Here’s The Pitch Dekko Used To Snag The Celebrity Investor (Link)
- Total Immersion gets $5.5M to expand augmented reality (Link)
- Layar Augments Reality With $14M in New Funding (Link)
- Tonchidot Raises $12 Million Round B, Expands Augmented Reality/Social Gaming Platform SoLAR Globally (Link)
- EU backs ST-Ericsson to deliver augmented reality (Link)
- Google, Apple Making Augmented Reality Cool Amid CES (Link)
- Microsoft And TechStars Launch Kinect Accelerator For New Kinect-Based Startups (Link)
- Qualcomm opens submissions for its $200,000 Augmented Reality Developer Challenge (Link)
- Blippar raises seed funding from Qualcomm for mobile augmented reality technology (Link)
- Gamma III structures first round funding of Mobilizy GmbH (Makers of Wikitude) (Link)
- HP Acquires Control of Autonomy Corporation (Makers of Aurasma) (Link)
- Augmented Reality App Maker CrowdOptic Scores $500,000 In New Funding (Link)
- More funding news in Poland: augmented reality game ShootAR is backed by IIF (Link)
- 110 Stories: Augmented Reality Twin Towers iPhone App (Link)
- GoldRun Scores Funding for Mobile Discovery/AR App (Link)
- DARPA’s next-gen wearable display: augmented-reality, holographic sunglasses (Link)
- AR Developers Ogmento Raise $3.5M for Augmented Gaming Apps (Link)
- With $1.2M Of Seed Funding, A SoMoLo App For Augmented Reality Fans: Wallit (Link)